This year was a big one for many black celebs, with many making major career changes whether it be endorsements, arena openings, talk-show gigs, or political elections. As we watched their careers climb newer heights right in front of our eyes, it’s only right that we look to their achievements as a motivational push to make our career dreams a reality. Below is a snapshot of celebrity boss moves that should inspire you to hustle harder in the new year:
- President Barack Obama is re-elected to serve a second term as United States Commander-in-Chief.
- Beyoncé inks a $50 million Pepsi commercial deal.
- Jay-Z opens up the doors to the Barclays Center in his hometown of Brooklyn and performs an eight-night, sold out concert series.
- Oprah Winfrey graduates her first class of students at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for girls in South Africa.
- Terrence J leaves BET’s 106 & Park and begins new job as co-host for E!News.
- Rocsi Diaz leaves 106 & Park and begins new hosting job for Entertainment Tonight.
- Rihanna earns her first No.1 album on the Billboard 200 charts with her latest CD “Unapologetic.”
- La La Anthony launches her own makeup line, Motives for La La, along with a clothing line, 5th and Mercer, with celebrity stylist Jason Bolden.
- Kerry Washington stars in Shonda Rhimes highly popular TV series Scandal, and is the first black woman to lead on a prime-time show in almost four decades…
See more here: